Macro enabled workbook crashes but opens with macros disabled. Message written to error log;
Faulting application name: EXCEL.EXE, version: 14.0.6117.5003, time stamp: 0x4f622ef8
Faulting module name: VBE7.DLL, version: 220.127.116.11, time stamp: 0x4e49ae34
The version of Excel may vary as may the version of VBE.DLL
The following resources describe methods to recover.
In my case, it was resolved by;
- Disable macros via, Options > Trust Center > Trust Center Settings > Macro Settings > Disable all Macros
- Open problematic spreadsheet. Ignore message to enable Macros
- Add a new Worksheet to the spreadsheet, save and then close spreadsheet.
- Enable macros via, Options > Trust Center > Trust Center Settings > Macro Settings > Enable all Macros
- Open problematic spreadsheet
- Execute macro to test