The Livedrive software goes through several stages when backing up your computer:
- Scan for new and changed files - the Livedrive scan runs through all the files and subfolders of the folders you nominated to backup or in the Briefcase
- Updates are detected (file creations, deletions, moves or renames) are detected and added to the Status queue
- The software creates the folder structure on our servers, and creates file place holders for all the files
- New or changed files are sorted by priority and added to the Upload queue.
- The software runs through the Upload queue, filling the file place holders with the file content.
Please note that the more files you choose to backup, the longer the scan takes, and the longer it will be to replicate the folder structure on our servers.