If you accidentally delete a file from your computer or you lose your computer and want to transfer all of your files to a new device, the Livedrive desktop client is able to restore your data using the Livedrive Control Centre. To restore your file/s or folders use the following procedure.
Opening the Livedrive Control Centre.
- Right click on the Livedrive desktop client which is running in the Windows System Tray and select "Open Control Centre".
Select the "Restore" tab in the Livedrive Control Centre.
Double click the device from which you want to restore.
Restoring a folder
To restore a folder, navigate the folder structure and click the "Restore" action for the folder you wish to restore
You will then have the option of restoring to the original location or selecting a different folder. You also need to specify what to do if the file already exists.
Click the "Restore" button to restore your folder
Restoring a file.
To restore a file or files, navigate the folder structure and click the "Restore" for the file you wish to restore.
- You will the be prompted to select a location to restore the file.
- Click the "Restore" button to restore the file in the selected location.
- If the file exists, a dialogue box will ask if you want to replace the file.
The restore will begin and the Control Centre will show the progress of the restore.
- Upon completion of the restore, the Control Centre will show that the restore is complete.
- A Restore Report is also generated in the restore location and can be viewed from the Control Centre by clicking on the "Click to open report" link.